Monday, August 15, 2005

Long weekend

On Saturday we had some youthworker friends in for tea. Ruth, Gail and Natalie. Natalie works in Legacurry, and is quite a bright, down to earth young youth worker, that a few of us have got to know at the Youth worker days in Church House. Great to have them all and the craic was 90. We talked a lot of rubbish, but just as much about real topics in youth work.
Sunday service was taken by Rev. Ronnie Wilson (Kenneth still in Romaia on a team). He really turned me off when he was about do the readings. He told us the page number and then waited until we had looked the passage before telling us what it was. Even more insulting was that the passages were Mark 1 and in Revelation! I felt quite patronized.
As it was such a beautiful day we took a walk in the 'port' after lunch, and Alex and Christine were round after that for a while. Then I tried to get Julie into 'Lost'.
I took today off with hours I have built up, so were were at Junction One, and Antrim Libury sale (100's of books. I got and Astrix book, one on Kung Fu, Bill Bryson and a Fimbles Video for Charlotte). Charlotte loved Junction One, as we let her loose, and she ran around like a mad thing.
While Julie was out at Holiday Bible Club, I had a surprise visit form John and Jo (from the wedding). Great to catch up after the wedding. The look like a happy couple.
I feel ready for work now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you maybe should have cooked, rather than have your youthworker friends for tea. Friends should be for life - not just for dinner...

1:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home