Fete and Mayor
We decided to take in the cultural delights of Ballymoney as a family. We were in luck. The local C of I had their Garden Fete this morning. It was free, so we went. We bought Jam (gooseberry), delved into the bran tub (stickers and pencil), we got books and Cd's, and looked at the pet show and listened to the band. A nice relaxing way to enjoy a morning.
This afternoon was the Mayors Show. Lat year we just watched it pass by, but we decided to go and see the vehicles at the sports centre. Lots of tractors again, with some steam engines (which Julie rightly pointed out were just turning round, so what were they for). Charlotte and Katherine got balloons in the shape of flowers and we all danced to DJ Barry and friends (except Katherine).


Then it was into the town to see the parade. Charlotte waved enthusiastically at the cars, and was rewarded by cartoon characters. Then a cup of tea while waiting for the rest of the floats to pass by in dribs and drabs.The day really tired out both Charlotte and Katherine.
We watched the final of this seasons Dr Who. It was OK, but I would need to see the whole thing again. Better season than last year, with more plots that mattered, and story lines that weaved through the whole series. Lets hope Torchwood does better as well.
Labels: Family

1 Comments:
I thought this series was the best so far - I agree that I want to go back and watch it all again to get all the storylines. Captain Jack as the Face of Bo. And can we keep Martha Jones!
9:26 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home