Monday, May 02, 2005

Market research

Spent time on Saturday at Ballymoney Farmers Market, and today at Coleraine French Market, and rather than bore you with detaled description of each, I will do some short comparisons.

  • Coleraine French Market had many stalls, run by French people, and containing genuine French produce.
  • Ballymoney Farmers market had 7 stalls, containing stuff you would find at any carboot sale, run by people from Greater Belfastish

  • Coleraine French Market had two stalls selling a wide range of French Cheese (I bought some niceBrie).
  • Ballymoney Farmers Markes had one stall with two cheeses, one with black bits, and one with green bits. I couldn't choose between the two, so I went 100 yards over to Tesco and looked and there wide range of lots of cheeses. I really could not understand why this woman came all the way from Antrim with two types of cheese to sell. Are we that desprit for entertainment in Ballymoen that we will go to a bad farmers market for cheddar with black/green bits?
  • Coleraine French Market had a french 5 piece Jazz band (lead, drum, double Bass, trombone and sax)
  • Ballymoney Farmers Market had two bored face painters.

  • Coleraine French Market had a stall making and selling creps.
  • Ballymoney Farmers Markes was .... er.... bad.

I did mean to have photos, but I forgot the camera today, and, genuinly, the photos of Ballyoney FM dissapeared from the camera. I think it wanted to forget the monotony of it all and wipe it from its memory.

I did watch Dr Who. Great first half but after Rose got pally with the Dalek, wasn't so dramatic, but still good. When the Dr was even feeling sorry for the Dalek, I did have a flash of "wouldn't it be so cool if the Dr invited it to be a companion". Imagion it, traveling the space/time universe with an exkilling machine as your mate. You missed a good plot twist in that story, Russel. I wonder if they will ever tell the whole story of 'the Last Great Time War'. According to the books, it was with the 8th Dr.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Mark, when you're in Glasgow in July is the Saturday of our local farmers' market in Queen's Park. This is the smaller of the two Glasgow markets, but I'm sure is better than Ballymoney.

Can't promise a French Market though, we only get those twice a year.

Mum was at the French Market in Armagh last Saturday though...

8:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home