Revenge of the sith (SPOILERS)
Just back from seeing the movie. I have been excited about this all week, and even more so after I booked the tickets. I even listened to the music while washing the dishes.
I expected better, but it was still good. We did have people behid us discussing the reasons for the 12a rating for the first few mins of the movie and the usual idiot who insists that bringing the noisiest sweet wrappers enhases the whole movie going experience.
LIKED: Lots of action, and you get lingering questions answered (like why does c3p0 and r2d2 not remember Obiwan), Mace Winu (is he still alive) - more like Shaft in space. Wookies were good, but could of been on for longer and had a plot.
ANNOYED ME: the constant dramatics, especially when they unvail something that eveyone should know; eg-"Anikin, I now name you Darth (dramatic pause) Vader". We know that, and we knew who the wookie was as well. Frankinstine Vader, as he gets his new old look, and that little 'childling' giving his line (I laughed out loud at the bad acting). It was also a bit too long for the content. It was streatched out a bit too long. The whole movie had a nausiating effect, where the sceans didn't quite dovetail as well as you would expect. The lightsaber battles were just a blur, too much swinging about.
It was a good movie. Not as good as Episode 4, 5, as good as 2 and 6, but definatly better than 1.
Click for a great Lego version.

6 Comments:
You know, Obiwan is starting too look cute in lego.
Rog desperate to see film (must be boy Adams genes) so I have to be dutiful wife and view it with him. Believe me, he can't wait - I can. Ah - such is married life! Did Julie go? Enjoy it?
9:38 pm
Julie enjoyed Episode III, because she stayed home and watched Bridget Jones II (which I enjoyed because I was not there). Julie has only just started to Like Dr Who, so introducing her to George Lucas disjointed universe would be bad.
10:30 pm
Ah, we've stayed clear of Dr Who so we're both unadulterated(!). BJ II is fine, to a point, but I still have to see Star Wars VI. Mind you, George Lucas's universe and Bridget Jones' probably have more connectivity then we'll ever know....!
11:12 pm
No generalisations about Adams Boys please... I've only ever seen one Star Wars film - the one with the furry teddy bears in it.
Give me Rock Hudson and Doris Day any day.
8:42 am
True, mustn't generalise: the Adams boys don't all wear white underpants...
7:12 pm
too right, don't you know dark hides all the stains.... er .... so i'm told.
10:56 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home