Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Last of Dr Who

Did my "Dr Who" assembly this morning and Lizzy, from homework club, gave a wee yelp when I mentioned Dr Who. She is a bit of a fan (of Dr Who, not nesessarily me).
I felt a wee bit let down by Saturdays episode. Don't get me wrong, it had great special effects, the regeneration was ok (it was nice that David Tennants first outing as the Doctor was on his birthday, the same date and year as mine), and it had captain Jack!!
But
The Bad Wolf was a let down. The whole Rose becomming omnipatent was dull and the way the Dr "died" reminded me too much of Peter Davidsons exit. And don't get me started on the amount of pouting Rose did, and the brooding the Dr did. It seemed to be sloppy writing.
I did like the bit in the end titles where it said ...
Dr Who will be back in...
brought me back to the years of the Roger Moore Bond, where it told you what the next Bond movie would be. Ah, memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home