Friday, April 14, 2006

There is a good explanation

Over the years I have always been disgusted at how much spit the young people at work spread around. This week I found the answer why. I mentioned to a few of them that spit, especially your own, is not a known poison (except, maybe, in poisonous snakes, who were banished from from ireland to make room for the Politicians).
They informed me that they spit because of the awfull taste left by the cigaretts. Of course the option of either a) stopping smoking or b) swalloing anyway, as your stomach has no taste buds, never occured to them.
Also a 12yearold, on a trip to bowling, had to spit out the car window. This was after he had three cigaretts in the previous hour.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Spitting is one of my pet rants of the moment (along with chewing gum). Maybe the two are related:

-smokers mouth tastes like rancid ash tray

- smoker chews minty gum

- gum takes on taste of rancid ash tray

- smoker spits gum onto street

9:31 pm

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Is this a good time to admit that I like chewing gum? (but I don't spit it into the street. I used to spit it into the rose patch in 185 Pinhoe Road but Rog banned me from that so I now chew and bin only).

10:07 pm

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Ps. I spit when I'm running but that's only when I swallow a fly!

10:07 pm

 
Blogger Mark said...

If you have swallowed the fly, shouldn't you be swallowing other animals, such as spiders, birds, cats, dogs, goats and cows. Standard medical procedure i think. But don't swallow a horse, because you'll die, of course (unless in french food).

11:20 pm

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Just as well I'm a vegetarian eh? At least you can spit out a fly. Not so sure about a horse.

11:31 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home