MP3 dilema
My trusty MP3 player ended up untrusty by breaking, so I am not on the search of a new one, and cannot decide. On the plus side it gives me a chance to upgrade from 500MB, but it means learning a new control system and how to put the stuff on the player properly.
I have narrowed it down, with a £30ish budget.
- Play.com Micro 8GB MP3 Player is a new product from play.com. The pro is that it is 8GB, 16 times the capacity of my old one, but it has not yet got any reviews, so is an unknown as far as reliability and ease of use go.
- Creative ZEN Stone with Speaker 2 GB looks good and has the benefit of having an external speaker, an attractive feature for using on my own. At 2GB it is 4 times less capacity of the play.com, but still 4 times what i am used to. It also has no display, and I wonder if that would be a problem.
- Creative Zen Stone Plus 2GB MP3 has the display and a FM radio (would I use it?), but is £7 more than the previous. Not sure a screen is worth that.
- Creative Muvo T100 4GB MP3 Player is my last choice. If a speaker and display are not needed, then this could be it with a larger capacity and good reviews. The only major down side is that you can only skip folders in one direction.
I have still no idea, but it is amazing how these small inconveniences can take over.
Labels: MP3

2 Comments:
We've recently obtained two new ones (one to replace my broken one, one insurance job to replace Caitlin's lost-on-train one):
1. Creative Zen V+. I got the 2GB version, in fact, but it was about this price from Amazon at the time. I like Creative's stuff: it's not an iPod and it's easy to use. The software that comes with it is ok and doesn't try to do anything fancy.
2. Creative Zen 4GB. Caitlin got this, the lucky girl, because her old player was obsolete, but nowhere near as good as this.
If I were you I'd get one with a screen. Can't stand not being able to control what's playing properly because, like you, I listen to speech most of the time. I like a radio too (R4 for me). Video playback is fun, but not very useful. 4GB is a massive amount. I used to cope pretty well with 512MB, which would keep me going all weekend on Dartmoor.
Watch out for battery life. 16 hours is about as little as you should accept these days. I liked having an AA or AAA battery, but these players are hard to come by now. Also check it supports the file types you have. I use mp3 and wma most of the time.
7:15 pm
I forgot - Riona also bought herself a Sansa Clip 2GB. Don't know much about it. Seems easy to use. Seems to compare with the Play.com one you looked at. Minute.
7:22 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home