Anonymous
I like it when I get comments on my blog, it shows that people are reading and that what I say is sometimes understood. I don't expect it in every post, and am not disappointed. But I have been getting a few comments from anonymous. I am sure most people do, as he seems to be popular on many forums. I do not publish these comments for three reasons.
- They do not really add anything to the topic. They are usually comments of someone who is desperately trying to be either funny or clever, but ends up just annoying.
- I have no idea who this is. This blog is for friends and family to keep up with my life, so anyone who does not want to give their name either in the ID or body of the comment makes me nervous, and therefore...
- Its a bit creepy that anonymous is looking on the blog, at my life, and pictures of my family. Feels at best like a stalker. At worst...
So if you are anonymous, either name yourself (wont guarantee your comments will be published, but makes you less creepy), don't leave comments, or have me continue to edit the comments, and continue to be 'that creepy poster'.

1 Comments:
I get anonymous comments on my blog too. They either say "allah allah allah ricepops Glory to God!" (ie - dead certain spam) or say something like "your blog is so depressing, you are so depressing" - and I'm hardly going to publish that am I? I just press the big red delete button; works every time. Yes, it's annoying that people feel the need to add comments that are of no help and, often, downright rude, but at least Mark you have the right not to publish. This is your blog after all ;)
11:07 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home