Christmas Lights
We have had a busy week in work, what with competitions, Carol services and lunches (oh my!). The nicest things wern't the events, but the individual young people.
- L came into the coffe shop with her mum yesterday. L was in the homework club last year, and is a great kid. She just wanted to wish us a happy christmas, and I had the chance to give her a Dr Who poster I had (Julie wont let me put it up our bedroom). Just recieving it lit up her face (one of the few Dr fans in Garvagh).
- E was in thismorning, again just to wish us a happy Christmas. He told us about his mum in hospital, chatted about Christmas, and, him being a reader, lent him two Pratchette and a Peretti over Christmas. He lit up with enthusiasm.
- M wasn't at church on sunday to recieve her prize or Bible class present, so I tried to get her in last night. She lives in an out of the way place, and after I found the house, I didn't find anyone in. So after the staff Christmas lunch today, I went back. She and her mother answered the door. Thanks shined across their faces and out their mouthes.
Sometimes you don't get much thanks for being a youth worker/leader, and sometimes you just arnt looking enough to find the thanks shining all around.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home