X-ray results.

I found out the results of my x-ray this week. I have had a on-off sore finger that will become difficult to move. It had beeen treated by antibiotics, but it comes back. It hasn't flared up in a while, but I went to the doc last month after it flared up again (usually lasting between 30 mins and 3 hours) and he sent me for an x-ray.
My ring finger on my right hand, at the base showed up on the x-ray with a 4 millimetre object, with a similar density to bone. The doc explained that it was either a bit of bone that broke off, or a outside object, such as a slither of metal. My suggestion of a government tracking divice was not considered for long. Too much x-files in my younger days, I think. If it flares up again, it comes out (exciting). I wonder if I can get a copy of the x-ray?
On the subject of fingers...
the Ig nobel prizes are out for this year. These are the scientific studies that make you laugh, then think (not for bad science, just science you wonder why people do). My favourate of this years is the Ig nobel prize for medicine about the 'termination of intractable hiccups with digital rectal massage'. Not something to try in public.

5 Comments:
Ouch!
Ps note you've updated your profile. It could read like you are married to Julie AND your two daughters - but I'm being a pedant aren't I?!
11:12 pm
Ah, so that's not your finger with the horrible growth then.
I love the IgNobels too. Also looking forward to the Darwin Awards (for individuals who move natural selection forward by removing themselves from the gene pool).
Tracking device certainly likely - but they would deny it, wouldn't they?
11:46 pm
Thankyou Ruth, now changed.
It's not my finger, but the a copy of the very first x-ray.
9:54 pm
Duh! I should have recognised it! Sorry Mrs Roentgen.
10:28 pm
Do what Scully did on the X files. Run your finger (and tracking device) through the scanner at your local supermarket. See what you're worth in Trolan's...
11:42 am
Post a Comment
<< Home