Wyrd Sisters

Now I have finished the course, I have a bit more time to read other books than counselling orientated. I Have finished Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters.
Three witches, who rule with headology in the small kingdom of Larnce, are drawn into a mystryof a dead king, a lost prince and a fool.
Generally concidered to be the first of the disk world books to not just be good, but really good. I have enjoyed Pratchett's books for the past few years, but never tackled thsi one. I found it for 75p in a charity shop, and left it to ferment on the shelf for a year. Even thro this is the first witches book, I have read most of the others. Like Sam Vimes, and now unlike Rincewind, Terry knows how to tackle these characters, and they ahve lasted over the years. The book is loosly based on Macbeth, but with more funny bits.
Really good book.

5 Comments:
I thought your blog title was about Charlotte and Katherine!!!
9:44 pm
Wyrd Sisters from Larnce... was that a typo? And what has it to do with the 3 women in your life?
2:03 pm
I know you are a lot more relaxed this time around but you should not have time to read just yet!!!!!!!
2:56 pm
Mmm, a little (Freudian) typo indeed - it's Lancre. Mind you, Larne and Lancre: hard to tell apart.
Glad you're getting time to read! Wyrd Sisters is, indeed, one of the best. Found a Pratchett in a charity shop? Good effort - they're never there when I look.
8:42 pm
It took about 18 months to find that cheep. You just have to be patient.
9:52 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home