It's for charity!
This years comic relief single is the hard rockers Aerosmith song 'Walk this way'. I liked the 1986 verson with rappers Run DMC, and the video inspired a generation. To do what, we may never know.
This years tries to keep that spirit of faux 'battle of the band' with Sugababes vs Girls Aloud. And there is the problem. Apart from the obvious trouble with words/tune for some of the groups members, the battle between a pop girl group and a pop girl group is slightly non discript. I find it hard to tell the difference between the groups in both look and sound, they both are bubblegum pop, and they all dress in skimpy outfits (PC way of saying they look a bit tarty, especially when they are rubbing them selves up against walls like cats in heat).
But it is for charity, and both groups being at the top of the pop bubblegum tree, will sell well, and I still have my copy of the Bananarama and La Na Nee Nee Noo Noo version of 'Help!'.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home