Sunday, September 16, 2007

Difference between 'stupid' and 'ignorant'

Friday in Quest I spoke of Viktor Frankl and his time in Concentration camps, and of seeing his wife and parents killed there, and the terrible conditions that were in these camps.
One of the boys, a first year, said 'well, they shouldn't of gone there'. I had to explain that it wasn't a holiday camp, and then went into a bit more detail.
He wasn't stupid, but ignorant. He had never heard of a concentration camp. I, on the other hand, should of explained it better than assuming everyone would know about something 60 years ago. That is stupid.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

There is always the option he is both ignorant AND stupid? Or are they just in Roger's year 7 class in Devon?!

11:10 pm

 
Blogger Mark said...

If I comment about that it will spoil the moral of the story.

10:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home