technology today
I am not a technophobe, but i do not understand most of modern technology. I do not understand what the list of letters mean; html, ism, http, ncis, rss, although i am pretty sure at least one of these is an American crime show.
I use the technology I need, and can understand. I do not need 15 ways to keep in touch with people. I have telephone, text, e-mail, snail mail, this blog and actually chatting to the person face to face. I do not need Face book, bebo, skype and the ilk. I will use them if I ever need them, and I can figure them out. The pull of bebo and facebook for young people is never being out of contact with our friends, which seems to be a insecurity of not being in this constant communication for some young people.
I do love gadgets, but outside my mp3 an mobile, i don't use much. I still use a diary, mainly because my phone looses everything when you take out the battery. There are a lot of gadgets around the house that never really get used, and there is a big list of others I would like and probably never use. I blame the Batman utility belt.
I looked at Julies phone to see all it had today (and what got me thinking). I found the diary, note book and to-do list, all of which Julie uses in paper form to great effect. There was also a voice recorder. I played about with this for a minute or two, and discovered that you can make that recording into her ring tone, which is where I turn evil. I sang 'I just called to say I love you' (is that really evil), and put it as her ring tone. Julie then changed it to Charlotte singing, but Julie has to sleep sometime, and when she does....
Labels: MP3

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home