Never thought I would see it
Two strange things happened today.
- Just before drop-in today, I turned the radio on for the young people. The first station that was clear was Classical FM, so I kept it there (after alunch time drop-in of thump-thump music). No one noticed for 40 mins. and then they said it was very relaxing music. I am baffled.
- After buying a new TV (old one is dead), we got it set up with Alex help, and I settled to watch the football, while we chatted to Alex. The match had been built up for the past few days by the NI news, with things like weird poles of Republican polatitions who wouldn't support a Northern Ireland team, but wanted England to loose. With NI's usual way of playing, I didn't expect much (by past form I was predicting a 4-0 defeat), but they won!!!! I saw the goals and the last 20 mins was a long time. What are they paying Rooney for, the boy has two left feet!?!?!We beat the English! Washed the floor with them! Ha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha he he ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ha!
Good game.

8 Comments:
Tee hee. I hope Roger has a fun day at school tomorrow!
10:59 pm
Has to be said, I am having a great day gloating at work. Having endured serious slagging yesterday about having a rubbish football team, I was met by stony silence today. One guy tried to fob me off by saying "yeah, but N.I team is useless". Pointed out that this made it worse for England that they were beaten by an apparently useless team. Stony silence has resumed. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
1:20 pm
I tried to find an English person all day at work - but they had all disappeared.
6:15 pm
Don't worry, Roger more than once reminded his school kids that they may not have won the footie last night...
11:24 pm
Typical English person saying 'may not of won...' ;-)
Had to enjour the breakfast TV and main evening news with the football results of 'England lost', not NI won. Can't even lose well.
What was the english comentry of the match like (Jackie Foulerton was exstatic and funny).
11:32 pm
Well blow me down, I'm still a typical English woman after all these years of being married to an Irishman. Long may it continue! (both parts of that sentence!). ;)
10:11 pm
School was fun. Arrived at school having heard, vaguely, that it was 1-0. Just assumed England had won and thought that wasn't a bad result. Immediately met by my Welsh colleague making exaggerated gestures of glee (you had to be there) which I eventually realised meant NI had won. Hardly mentioned it at all, honestly, after that. Did have to explain that winning that match was the World Cup for us!
Didn't see the match (obviously), but apparently ?Ferdinand could barely speak, Linekar was 'professional' and Hansen enjoyed it.
As for Ruth's last comment: it's a hard mission field.
12:37 pm
And England should be glad they're not playing NI for the Ashes. They'd be in trouble otherwise.
12:38 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home