Saturday, April 29, 2006

New bed

Charlotte. as I type is enjoying her first night in a propper bed. My baby is growing up (sob).
The bed was delivered this week, so she had a few days of jumping about the matress before we put it all together, and we involved her in the process of putting together and making the bed.

We decided not to make a big deal of it this evening, but just reminded her that she would be in a bed. She gulped down the bottle and demaned to be put in the bed right away (after her traditional hug and kiss, no time for a cuddle). She was asleep in no time.

I really hope I don't get woken tomorrow by being hit on the head with a hardback version of The three bears.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Ha ha! We didn't have one of those barrier thingies, so just put lots of pillows on the floor! More than once C or R were found there, and Caitlin was once found, asleep, half-way through the process of climbing back into bed. They soon grew out of pillows, or we stopped putting them there - they still fell out, but it woke them up.

4:23 pm

 
Blogger Ruth said...

She looks very cute! xxx

10:49 am

 
Blogger John said...

Did the Three Bears wake you up?

6:28 pm

 
Blogger Mark said...

Didn't get woken yesterday (she hadden't figured out that she could) , but thismorning Julie heard "carefull, carefull" then the patter of little feet. I was blissfully unaware untill I heard "Daddy!" shoudted in my ear as I was thumped. Must check Life insurence and have a heart check-up.

7:48 pm

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Riona fell out of bed Sat night but it was OK as we were away and Caitlin was on the floor on a mattress. I found them both squidged on the mattress so took full advantage of the situation and nabbed the empty bed. By the morning Riona wasn't even on the mattress but lying at C's feet with her head on the mattress and rest of her on the floor against the door. C had to wake her up to get out of the room!

7:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home