Tuesday, September 20, 2005

buns, eyes, (more) barf and ignorance.

Had a busy few days that i didn't blogg, so just to keep in touch....
Lindsay

was round on Friday night and we talked about such thing as disturbing buns (don't ask)

and eye tests...
which incidently, I had on Monday, and all is well [Right: sphere +0.75, Cly. -0.75, Axix 30; Left: Sphere +0.50, Cyl. -0.50, Axis 120] i.e. no glasses.
Charlotte decided Tuesday was a good day to be sick. I collected her from work, and she went through this cycle: thirsty, sip drink, cry when she couldn't get more, tired, barf up water, fully active, thirsty..... etc.

Long conversation with one of the boys yesterday about Ulster history. Had to amend his version, and he was confused by being told that the UVF were not formed in 1914 to defend Northern Ireland from the Irish Government and Ulster has three more counties than Northern Ireland. He left totally confused after telling me the main reason he does not want a United Ireland is the Euro. I do try not to change what they believe in, but get them to ask 'why' of what they believe, like 'why should i fear a United Ireland', and answer it like adults who know there own minds, and not as children who are repeating what they were told. The reward for me is seeing the thinking in their faces when their world is questioned.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Mark, you could tell your boys that they are full Irish Citizens, as of right, from birth...

Then walk away, slowly, holding fire extinguisher.

5:37 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he I love that I now know what prescriptions mean!

Note name spelling please!

xox

5:48 pm

 
Blogger Mark said...

Lindsay, fixed it.

11:56 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home